Thursday, August 6, 2009

P's

We're at the table eating the delicious stew I made last night. Meat, potatoes, fresh spring onions, and peas. We ate before Gabe got home, so it was just the three of us, because Noelani was still at her dad's. I'd been working on the stew all afternoon and it had turned out absolutely delicious.

"Pea," Jezebel says. She's looking down at the floor.

"Oh, honey, you dropped a pea? It's ok." I hear a delicate lapping sound. "The kitty's getting it already. Don't worry about it."

"Pea," Jez says again.

"It's all right, honey, don't worry about that one, there are more in your bowl."

The lapping sound is louder, like a whole bunch of cats are down there.

"PEA!" Jezebel yells. The lapping sound has become more of a gushing sound.

"Oh," I sigh wearily. "Pee."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. So sorry, but that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete