Thursday, October 15, 2009

Palpitations

Are you supposed to be able to feel your heart whacking against your ribs at times of stress? I consulted WebMD and it seems I shouldn't worry unless I also can't breathe at the time. Right. I'll keep you posted.

[
Rhone, to me after I began singing in the car the other day: "Mom, I think you're a bad singer."

Me: "Rhone! That's not very polite. If you don't want to hear me sing right now, how about, 'Mom, I'd rather you didn't sing right now.'"

Rhone: "Mom, I'd rather you didn't sing right now forever."
]

Basically: same shit, different day. I discovered an enormous quilt-batting-looking cobweb (made by those elusive cob spiders, I'm sure) in my dining room today. But... it's still there, because I didn't have time to embark on a cleaning campaign.

Got another paycheck today, but can't cash it til the business has the money. Sucks being the one employee who knows those details. I only had 20 hours of overtime on this check, so it's getting better. Remember this was a part-time job.

I'm uninspired. No, beyond that; I feel numb, like I can't write or don't remember how. Usually phrases flash through my mind or at least I am struck by interesting words. Right now I feel insulated from that, and not in a good way. I want it back, but... I don't have time for it anyway. Just another depressing thing to add to my list.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yes. the kids... they are way too smart for that. Logan's newest funny (and not so funny) phrase is "Mama! I no wanna say 'please', and I want YOU say 'YES'!"

    I swear, each kid gets smarter... just wait for Bella's little comments like this. Ugh.

    Love Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money stuff sucks. Come over, we will bitch, drink, and suffer together. {{{hugs}}}

    Val

    ReplyDelete