Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Girl's Night Out

It's amazing what a good haircut can do for one's ego. Yesterday Gabriel kept the kids at home and I went into the city for a day of me-time. Even driving away from the house was ridiculously exhilarating. I turned on the stereo and realized, I don't have to listen to kid songs! I fired up Joshua Tree and cranked it up LOUD.

First things first: I stopped at the shoe store for a little therapy. Famous Footwear was having their buy one, get one half-off sale, so really, I just had to buy two. I didn't go crazy, though; I walked out with two much-needed new pairs of sandals for $36.

Next stop: the salon. I have the most fantastic stylist at Gene Juarez, where I started going because I was given a gift certificate by John and Jill about a thousand years ago. It had been since Christmas since I'd seen my stylist so we had a lot to catch up on! We chatted while she turned my mop of hair into a movie-star look. I love her.

I then grabbed a bite to eat and a beer and then relaxed with my book and got my idea of the perfect pedicure: one in which no one tries to talk to me and all I have to do is lift my feet up occasionally. I now have bright red toenails to gleam under the garden dirt.

Finished the evening by enjoying happy hour with Todd at Ivar's, then some grub at Barrio (wonderful). I need to get out more. This was really good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment