Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wind Picking Up

The kids and I are at my mom's tonight, because it's Thursday. Thursdays I have Noelani, and I pick her up from school, hang out at my mom's for the night, and then take her back Friday. Every other Friday I hang around, then pick her up after school again and take her home for the weekend.

Screamingly hot today, in the 90s. That's rare enough for the PNW, and even more rare for early June. I love it. I think I'm one of the few.

But now the wind has picked up and a little cloud cover has come through. I'm thinking maybe thunderstorm. It's so hot upstairs in the little room where the small kids and I sleep, but hopefully this breeze will help.

On the way down here today, Jez spilled some water on herself. She spent the next half hour screaming at me with furious tears. "Det! Det! Det!" That means "wet." At least she wasn't cold, too. By the time we got out of the car she had already mostly dried. But she hadn't forgiven me. She's a grudge-holder, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment